Thursday, July 16

Week 8

So I am now 8 weeks post op. This past week has been busy with doctor appointments. I got the stitches out of my hand, saw my lapband surgeon and saw my internist for my physical.

I am pleased to report I lost 2 pounds this week. My lapband surgeon was very happy with how well my incisions have healed up. He said come back in a year unless you have any issues or problems. It was great to be down 23 pounds on his scale. His nurses were so excited and supportive. I hope to be able to go back in a year and wow them again!

My internist was thrilled I had lost some weight. She added a few tests to my bloodwork to check that I am getting enough B12 and some other things. I will admit I was worried about her reaction since I had heard she was not a big supporter of WLS (weight loss surgery). I have read on my online support group that we bandsters have changed lots of primary care physicans minds about WLS with our success. I hate that there is a stigma with it. But that is another post.

I exercised twice this past week. I know that I have got to get my butt in gear and make that a priority. It is important for all sorts of reasons beyond just losing weight. I will keep you posted on my progress on that front.

I am going to get my DH (darling husband) to take a picture of me tonight when I get home. I promise to post it tomorrow with a pre-surgery picture. Speaking of my DH, he has been so great in helping make sure I have the right foods. Thanks baby!

Monday I will be going for my second fill. I am ready for it since the hunger monster is rearing his ugly head. I have noticed I can eat more at one time and am having to make myself not indulge. I am so thankful for everyone's support and love.

Loree

No comments: