Wednesday, June 17

Random thoughts

First - I don't know if anyone has noticed the inspirations on the right hand side but I added one today. I saw this and TOTALLY related. DON'T give up on what you want MOST for what you want NOW. I mean for anyone who has ever "dieted" could that be anymore true. Even with the band I can make bad choices and eat foods that are not good for me. I am sure I will have good days and bad but I will do the best I can.

Second - so I am seeing even more NSV. What I am truly amazed by is how with this small weight loss I already feel more confident. I find I am walking down the hall at work with a little more pep in my stride. I know I am a beautiful person inside and out but being obese wears your self confidence away. I am glad to see some of it come back.

Third - I am very very very nervous about my fill tomorrow. I am not worried so much about pain or anything but just how it will go. The procedure of it all.

Fourth - A friend and co-worker is home sick this week. She has MS and it is flaring up on her. She works so hard to stay healthy that sometimes I almost forget she has this horrible disease. Now while I realize being fat does not cause MS, it does make me pause and chide myself for abusing my body all these years. I can not make up for past actions but I can strive to follow Linda's example of taking care of myself. Life is short so I encourage you to do the same.

Well, I think that is all the soul bearing I can handle tonight. For all those struggling with any and all problems, keep the faith. Tomorrow is a new day!

No comments: